The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Dame Julia Elizabeth Andrews (1935) Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 85,395
Dame Julia Elizabeth Andrews (1935)

Andrews is a British actress and singer best known for her roles in films such as The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins, for which she won an Academy Award. However, she was first a Broadway musical star. She made her London debut at age 12 in a revue and her New York City stage debut seven years later. She went on to originate the roles of Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady and Guinevere in Camelot. She also made several films with her director husband. Who was he? More...
KSPavan
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 1:32:08 AM

Neurons: 3,507,346
Today's Birthday
?

Andrews is a British actress and singer best known for her roles in films such as The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins, for which she won an Academy Award. However, she was first a Broadway musical star. She made her London debut at age 12 in a revue and her New York City stage debut seven years later. She went on to originate the roles of Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady and Guinevere in Camelot. She also made several films with her director husband.
KSPavan
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 1:32:09 AM

Neurons: 3,507,346
Today's Birthday
?

Andrews is a British actress and singer best known for her roles in films such as The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins, for which she won an Academy Award. However, she was first a Broadway musical star. She made her London debut at age 12 in a revue and her New York City stage debut seven years later. She went on to originate the roles of Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady and Guinevere in Camelot. She also made several films with her director husband.
marybroadbent
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 4:45:23 AM

Neurons: 3,650
Daemon wrote:

Andrews is a British actress and singer best known for her roles in films such as The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins, for which she won an Academy Award. However, she was first a Broadway musical star. She made her London debut at age 12 in a revue and her New York City stage debut seven years later. She went on to originate the roles of Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady and Guinevere in Camelot. She also made several films with her director husband. Who was he? More...
Adyl Mouhei
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 7:01:40 AM

Neurons: 450,729
Julie Andrews was born on October 1, 1935, in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, England. She was a hit on the English stage before duplicating that success on Broadway, where she received Tony Award nominations for her roles in Camelot and My Fair Lady. She won an Academy Award for playing the title role in Mary Poppins and was also nominated for her performance in The Sound of Music. Andrews later worked on a number of acclaimed films with husband Blake Edwards and was made an English dame in 2000.